This Saturday is the first of the month again – which means that it is time to drop off your recycling at Ngaio Union Church.
And this month we are back in the church – operating out of the boot of a car has been fun for the last couple of months, but we are excited to be getting back into the church now the refurbishments are nearly complete, and with winter upon us.
May is also the first month when we start our schedule of accepting one additional and large item each month – on Saturday we will be collecting any old car batteries that you have lying around your property. Please make sure that they are clean and dry. Next month we will be collecting small metal items (larger than the metal caps that we collect each month, but small enough to fit into a shopping bag. A full list of the additional items we collect each month is on our website – www.ngaio.org.nz.
A reminder of the items that we can collect:
- Plastic lids – type 2 which need to be separated out, and pleas only with the type 2 recycling symbol.
- Plastic lids – type 5 which need to be separated out, and pleas only with the type 5 recycling symbol.
- Metal Lids –including for eg Crown caps, metal screw tops, sparkling wine wires, metal jar lids, ring-pull caps.
- Razors and shaving equipment.
- Oral care products and packaging. Make sure excess product is removed, and that all is dry. Electric toothbrush heads are not included.
- Household and hearing aid batteries.
- Curtains – must be mould free so they can be re-purposed.
- Wool balls of wool which Crafty Volunteers, can use in their knitting for charity
- Bread bag tags,
- Rubber bands from delivered Dominion Posts
See you on Saturday!