On this website we will focussing on directing our residents to a credible source for up to date and accurate information. Below are the links that we recommend you refer to, for information, support and other resources. Please let us know if you are aware of other valuable sites.
Within the community we strongly recommend small street groups as a means of staying in contact with neighbours. These groups should make sure that those anyone who will benefit from support has a contact within our community and are receiving the help they need. Keep community help operating at a very local level. Examples that are working in our suburbs include gathering the email addresses of your neighbours, setting up telephone trees, the “Street Captain” initiative from the Hutt, and Neighbourhood Support groups.
The feed back I am getting suggests that Ngaio and Crofton Downs are coping well, staying home or keeping social distancing when out for exercise, and very importantly kindness and patience is very evident. The lockdown requires everyone to play their part, to stop the spread of Covid-19 and allow health services to get on top of it. We recommend that you:
- Act as if you have Covid-19
- Stay home, or stay local if you are out for exercise or essential business (eg to supermarket)
- Use common sense
- But do not forget kindness and neighbourly support
Sources of Information and Support
- NZ Government official site http://covid19.govt.nz
- Free government helpline if you dont know who to contact – on 0800 779 997
- Direct link to government support for mental wellbeing – http://covid19.govt.nz/help-and-advice/for-everyone/looking-after-your-mental-health
- Ministry of Health – Healthline free service for health advice and information.- 0800 611 116
- Work and Income – information on financial support. http://workandincome.govt.nz/eligibility/emergencies/2020/coronavirus.html
- Work and Income Phone line – Call on 0800 559 009, 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm, Saturday.
- government’s central resource for COVID-19 Information for businesses – http://www.business.govt.nz/covid-19
- Upates about Wellington Council’s services, facilities, events and venues – http://wellington.govt.nz/
- Ngaio Union Church for local pastoral support – http://www.facebook.com/ngaiounion/ or ph 479 6329
If you are unsure, or are having trouble getting through to anyone above, call Wellington City Council, on 499 4444, they have people trained to direct you to the right place. And if you are still having trouble getting through on these lines, then we have committee members of Ngaio Crofton Downs Residents Association who can help you to get assistance. Ring Murray Pascoe, 976 1291, or Ian Turk 939 8441.
For any Council repairs or maintenance, the WCC on line form, click here, or the FIXiT app are both operational.